Welcome to Anime Festival Wichita (AFW)! AFW has always believed that our vendors are a very essential element of AFW, and your participation is truly valued and appreciated whether you have been with us from the start or are coming on board with us for the very first time.
We will do our very best to provide you the type of customer service that you deserve and the type that we appreciate when attending other festivals as vendors ourselves. It is our goal to make AFW the best possible experience for our patrons and vendors that we possibly can.
Friday 5 – 8 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
All dealers and artists are required to obey the rules of Anime Festival Wichita, Hyatt Hotel, and the State of Kansas.
- The deadline for dealer/artist applications is May 15th. There is a $40 late fee for applications postmarked after May 15th, provided space is available. We have a limited number of tables available and the first approved applications get them. Get your application in early for the best chance to be part of AFW. There are no refunds of fees PERIOD after June 1st. Any request for a refund of fees prior to June 1st will be examined on a case-by-case basis.
- Dealers/Artists may set up anytime between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Friday, June 29th, and again on Saturday, June 30th from 7 – 10 a.m. No setup of Dealers/Artists will be allowed after the Dealers/Artists room opens to the public at 10 a.m. on Saturday June 30th. Teardown will be allowed after the Dealers Room closes at 3 p.m. on Sunday. Each Dealer/Artist will be responsible for the cleanup of their own assigned space.
- Dealer spaces must be manned and open for business at all times during festival hours. There are no rain dates and no refund will be made in the event of inclement weather. Anime Festival Wichita does not officially provide booth sitters or booth assistance of any kind. If a dealer needs a break, one of the staff may be coerced into helping but none are obligated to do so.
- Dealers/Artists will get one weekend pass for every table purchased. Additional passes must be purchased at $20 each. If you have additional booth help and need additional passes, please contact me.
- We have limited electrical outlets for Dealers/Artists use only when purchasing tables on the wall. Please list electrical requirements on the special requests or comments section. Audio may be played at a low volume if not disturbing your neighbors, Note: NO videos will be allowed to be played in the dealer/artist area.
- Please fill in a complete list of wares even if you have been a past dealer. THIS IS A JURIED SHOW. Dealers will be selected based upon quality, appropriateness, uniqueness, and presentation. It doesn’t hurt to get your application in early either. The jury process is ongoing, and acceptance letters will be emailed out as soon as possible. You may be asked to limit or eliminate certain wares in order to be accepted. If you are not accepted into AFW we will mail you a refund check and a reason for denial. If your application is rejected, you may resubmit. All decisions of our vendor committee are final. Dealer wares must have a Japanese/Asian/Anime theme or relevance. CD’s are fine as long as they pertain to a Japanese/Asian/Anime theme. If you have any questions regarding this rule, please ask. Kansas Law requires a person be 18 years of age or older to purchase weapons.
- No weapon sales to minors, PERIOD.Violation of this rule will lead to expulsion from the festival, surrender of dealer/artist fees and banishment from all future Wolfmoon Productions L.L.C. Events, as well as, possible legal actions. All weapons must be sheathed or boxed and tightly peace bound at all times. No firearms or firearm sales will be allowed on site.
- Only officially licensed items shall be permitted for sale at AFW by any vendor. Absolutely no bootleg items will be allowed to be sold. Our secret shoppers will be by to check on everyone.
- Artists items for sale must be, in whole or large part, a direct work of the exhibiting artist. Works may incorporate some commercially produced parts, but the work’s design and execution must be primarily the product of the exhibiting artist’s talent and skill. Items with reproductions of the exhibitor’s artwork on them (tiles, mugs, books etc) must be listed specifically on the entry form and submitted with photos.
- No drug paraphernalia shall be sold or kept by anyone on site. Controlled substances are strictly forbidden per State and County Laws. Please help us adhere to the law. Anyone in violation of this rule will be shut down and removed from the festival grounds, as well as possible legal actions. No refunds will be given.
- No alcoholic beverages shall be consumed by any participants during festival hours.
- All federal, state, and local laws governing retail sales tax must be followed. You must understand the rules and regulations and comply. All dealers are responsible for their own taxes, licenses, and permits.
- Sales are strictly between the dealers or artist and the patron.
- Dealers and artists are given a special room rate of per night from the hotel. Contact Hyatt Regency Hotel at 1-800-233-1234, or book your rooms from the website portal.
- We will have limited security overnight and locked doors to the dealer room when dealer room is closed to the public. Safeguard your wares accordingly.
- No pets allowed except for trained animals helping special needs patrons and vendors.
- Festival Management must approve all literature, flyers, printed material and/or handouts before distribution on festival grounds.
- DEALERS WILL BE PREASSIGNED SPACES. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO MAKE SURE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD SPOT. PLEASE COOPERATE WITH OUR STAFF. ALL DECISIONS OF THE VENDOR COORDINATOR WILL BE FINAL.
- Do not display 18+ materials in plain sight. You will be asked to cover or hide all inappropriate material from underage patrons. If we ask you to cover it, you must do so immediately.
If you have any questions, please e-mail the Vendor Coordinator at email@example.com. We will do our best to accommodate any special requests. Please include these on the “comments” portion of the application.
By submitting an application form, I agree that I have read and understand the vendor rules and agree to comply with all the conditions set in these rules. Failure to comply may result in expulsion from the show and future events.