All volunteers must fill out an application. The application will be reviewed by the Anime Festival Staff. If a position becomes available that you meet the requirements for and that you have volunteered for we will arrange an interview to see what we can do to get you started.
Please be aware, not everyone who volunteers will be utilized, be we will do our best to find a position for anyone who volunteers. And please kindly note that this is a volunteer position, not a paid position. Thank you!
HOW VOLUNTEERING WORKS
- Volunteers age 18 and over will need to sign a volunteer waiver. Volunteers age 13-17 will need to have a parent or guardian sign their volunteer waiver.
- Some key volunteers may be asked to attend pre-event meetings.
- Volunteer shifts at the convention are now 3 hour shifts. However, you can sign up for more than one shift.
- Each volunteer completes an online application, or phone interview. You may sign up to volunteer online using the volunteer application, or by calling 316-882-8927.
- A valid email address or phone number is needed so that the coordinators can contact you in a timely manner.
- Volunteer shifts and positions are on a first come first served basis. Once you indicate your preferred volunteer position and shift, we will notify you of the availability. After we have agreed upon a shift and position for you, we will send you a confirmation with a detailed listing of the position and shift, instructions for volunteering, and a contact person.
- When you arrive at the convention, please check in at the Volunteer HQ. You will receive your pass and will be directed to your contact person.
- Any volunteer exhibiting disruptive behavior will be asked to leave the convention. No consumption of drugs or alcohol will be tolerated!
- Any volunteer who does not show up for their scheduled shift, and fails to notify us, will not be allowed to volunteer at future events.
WHAT DO VOLUNTEERS DO?
There might be some confusion as to what volunteers do. Listed below are examples of what you can get involved with:
- Poster and flyer distribution
- Participating in fairs, conventions, or other functions
- Check in: Help out at the check in table
- House Services: Help set up for events, and maintains the facility
- Safety Monitors: Maintain the safety within the event
- Cosplay: Help sign people up; keep them organized, count ballots; help people with costume mishaps
- Gaming: Run games; host tournaments; machine operators
- Art Room: Look after our artist’s alley
- Vendor Help: Look after our Vendors
- Runners: Assist our department heads
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
- Free admission to the event on day of volunteer shift
- May count toward hours needed for school or college
- $3.00 coupon towards the purchase of a t-shirt
- You get to hang out with really cool people!!
For more information, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 316-882-8927.